Hi Regina,

Regina Henschel wrote:
Hello Armin,

Armin Le Grand schrieb:
    Hi Regina,

Regina Henschel wrote:
Hello,

in draw there are the tools "set to circle (perspective)" (=
uno.CrookRotate) and "set to circle (slant) (= uno.CrookSlant). I do not
understand, what these tools should do.

I have made an example file
http://www.rhenschel.homepage.t-online.de/set_to_circle.odg

On the first and second page I applied the tools to a picture which was
transformed to bézier curve. The results seems clear to me, but I'm not
sure.
On the third and forth page I applied the tools to a group of lines,
which was transformed to bézier curve to. There I do not understand the
results.

These methods are very old stuff and were created before i was here, so i can only guess about the original purpose/mathematical background.

I guess, that it doesn't work correct for angles greater than 90°.

The only thing that will help in those cases is to analyze the code which applies some 'transformation' to the involved geometry. There, we would have to 'understand' the transformation.

Please have a look at SdrEditView::DistortMarkedObj and XPolygon::Distort. The last method is where the 'transformation' is applied. It's a non-linear 'set-to-curve' kinda linear-scaling-ralative-to-a-given-rectangle thing, unfortunately not documented...

I tried to find those, but without success. Would you be so kind and give me a link?

A good way to browse the source is to use http://go-oo.org/lxr/ and to use Identifier search with e.g. XPolygon::Distort in this case. The lxr uses the most current flat master version.

HTH.

kind regards
Regina