I was discussing with someone running GRASS in batch mode, and it's not clear what is possible with respect to X11, display windows, TclTk or Python.

I see that in init.sh, a batch script is forced to run in text mode. Still, a module run without options (intentionally or not) would try to bring up a TclTk window and require user interaction, thus potentially disrupting the flow of the script.

Certainly running either the TclTk or Python GUIs in a batch script is not desirable, but maybe there are possibilities I don't see?

Display windows may be useful in a batch script - or not?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy