On 12/08/08 02:22, Glynn Clements wrote:
Moritz Lennert wrote:

Seems to work great on the command line (aside a few questions below), however, there seems to be problems in the guis:

- tcltk gui (gis.m): I cannot display any vector maps; raster map display becomes very slow when zooming out, with memory usage rising steadily

Have to correct this: the behaviour is exactly the same as with the wxpython gui: only if centroids are asked for, the map is displayed. The difference was that the wx-gui displays centroids by default, whereas the tcltk gui doesn't.

- wxpython gui: I can display vector maps, but as soon as I ask not to display centroids, nothing is displayed at all

Can you get the GUI to display the exact commands being used, and
check whether the problem exists when the command is run from the
shell?

Nope, everything runs fine from the shell, with e.g. the following command:

d.vect [EMAIL PROTECTED] color=0:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0 fcolor=170:170:170 display=shape type=point,line,boundary,area icon=basic/circle size=5 layer=1 lsize=8 xref=left yref=center llayer=1

But nothing shows up in the tcltk Map Display.

Looking at the different layers which are input into g.pnmcomp:

g.pnmcomp in=24212.2.ppm mask=24212.2.pgm opacity=1.00 background=255:255:255 width=642 height=256 output=24212.1.ppm

both 24212.2.ppm and 24212.2.pgm show up completely black and 24212.1.ppm completely white.

Idem with a line layer:

d.vect [EMAIL PROTECTED] color=0:0:0 lcolor=0:0:0 fcolor=170:170:170 display=shape type=point,line,boundary,centroid,area,face icon=basic/circle size=5 layer=1 lsize=8 xref=left yref=center llayer=1

works perfectly on the command line, but cannot display in either gui. What I do see, though is a straight vertical line at the far right of the display area.

I changed it to use the same variables as the PNG driver, i.e.
GRASS_PNGFILE, GRASS_PNG_READ, etc. Specifically:

        GRASS_CAIRO_DRAWABLE
        GRASS_CAIRO_VISUAL
        GRASS_PNGFILE
        GRASS_PNG_MAPPED
        GRASS_PNG_READ
        GRASS_BACKGROUNDCOLOR
        GRASS_TRANSPARENT
        GRASS_PNG_AUTO_WRITE

Ok, thanks. Tried GRASS_PNG_READ and it works perfectly.

[You can ignore the first two; I don't even know if that feature works.]

It is supposed to be a drop-in replacement for the PNG driver, but
there may well be factors which I have overlooked.

So, nothing else but PNG for now ?

Also, the changes to the display library may have broken stuff. If you
find a command which doesn't work as expected, it's worth trying it
withe GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE=PNG to determine whether the problem is
caused by the cairo driver or by the changes to the display library.

Ok.

Moritz