I opened the code and it has it right in header:

TOTAL COST = [(WALKING ENERGY ) + (LAMBDA*FRICTION)]

maybe this is how it should go into the man page

Helena

On Oct 10, 2008, at 2:21 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

I've been emailing with Helena to try to understand exactly how lambda and a friction surface interacts with information about topography (extracted from a DEM) in r.walk. It seems a good idea to put this back on the list. Perhaps I'm the only one a little in the dark, but maybe it can help others.