On 22/10/08 17:25, Michael Barton wrote:
However, interactive control point creation/management works better if you start in a projected location/mapset and rectify from the xy location/mapset. This is the way that r.proj and v.proj work too. If there is to be work on i.rectify, I'd like to suggest that it be changed to work in this way (start in projected mapset and rectify from the xy mapset).

I don't know enough about the reasoning behind the original procedure, but maybe it can simply take from_location/mapset= and to_location/mapset= arguments which would allow for greater flexibility and probably make i.target obsolete ?

Moritz