On Mar 13, 2009, at 12:59 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

Michael Barton wrote:

A somewhat more pragmatic issue prompted my initial question. Right
now, we have both r.mfilter AND r.mfilter.fp in distribution copies of
GRASS. r.mfilter is in the menu but r.mfilter.fp is not. Both have
identical documentation. I am reluctant to put 2 apparently identical
r.mfilter entries into the menu, and having 2 of these without saying
what the difference is will be confusing to users. But if r.mfilter.fp
is better, it should arguably be the one that most users access. So I
was thinking about replacing the entry for r.mfilter with
r.mfilter.fp. But it seems better to just have a single more
functional version of this module.

For the GUI, I would suggest using just r.mfilter.fp.

Done in all branches (6.4, 6.5, 7)

Michael

The old r.mfilter should be retained in 6.x in case anyone has scripts
which depend upon it.

--
Glynn Clements <gl...@gclements.plus.com>