Got it fixed.

It does seem to work in my .profile but not in .grassrc6.

I remember it working in my .grassrcx file and even had it in there. But you are correct. It does not work in the .grassrcx file now; it has to be in a system configuration file like .profile or .bash_profile (I'm not sure what the equivalent would be on Windows). I don't know if this was a change in how the .grassrcx file is read sometime in the past couple years or if I was just imagining things.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies, School of Human Evolution & Social Change
Arizona State University

Phone: 480-965-6262
Fax: 480-965-7671
www: <www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton>