Hi,

I have written an add-on module. It is called r.sundenoise and it is for denoising/despeckling DEMs to improve the quality of slope maps and other geomorphic products derived from them. The denoising is carried out by Sun's denoising algorithm, a GPL'd mesh filtering algorithm that I have been testing on topographic data as part of a research project. It does a very nice job.

My module is a shell script that works as a wrapper to the algorithm so that it can be run from within GRASS, in much the same way as r.surf.nnbathy works as a wrapper for nn. I would like to submit it to the add-ons repository. I have read and will abide by the document RFC2 - Legal aspects of code contributions. I have an osgeo_id: stevensj

Would someone like to be my mentor?  You can try the module at:
http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/john.stevenson

Cheers

John

--