On 01/14/2012 10:23 PM, Hamish wrote:
Jarek wrote:
Ok, it explains everything. So if I want to publish code with any GPL
privileges granded, but keep code integrity in one official place which
I can put in paper as link to OFFICIAL source code, with guarantee that
it won't be accidentaly changed, I must put it outside GRASS repository?
Right?
is the intention simply to be able to provide a link to the exact version
of the code you are writing about? or is it to retain personal control
during the development phase?
both. This is because it is that not only code is in development but also entire idea is under development. Frankly speaking I do not afraid that someone may want to change code for no reason. The best option is to publish code temporary outside the svn repository, but it also have a lot of cons.
if you simply need to be able to provide a link to the exact version you
are writing about that's easy, just add "?p=" to the end of the websvn URL
or "?rev=" to the end of the trac URL. e.g.:

https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.fuzzy/?p=50005
  or
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass6/raster/r.fuzzy?rev=50005

if you want to delay releasing under the GPL until you have your article
published, then you would have to wait to put it in the grass addons repo
too, which is open to GPL-compatible code only. (as per rfc2)
This solution solves this problem partially. Maybe adding an asking in main.c preamble to contact author before modify the code in this particular repository may solve this issue??
thanks
Jarek

Hamish