>even the GRASS website [0] gets confused about all those branches.
>GRASS 6.4.3, the next stable release, is currently hidden under GRASS
>6.4.2, current stable. Therefore there should be 4, not 3 sections:
>6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.5, 7.0. This is however IMHO too much, confusing for
>users and a maintenance burden for developers.

in (my) users point of view I'm interested in two grass-lines, a stable one
(6.4.x) and a upcoming cutting edge (7.x) seems to be enough for me.

sometime I'm testing wingrass on the windows side of the computer world and
I'm loosing from time to time the overview where I can find what (fixes,
improvements, etc.): wingrass64x, wingrass6devbr or wingrass7.

a few times I'm asked by completely new wingrass-users which versions should
be used, then I recommend only 6.4.x and for a technology preview 7. why
should they starting with 6devbr?

just my 0,02 cents
Helmut

-----