Hi,

I just posted a bug report about encoding issues in the new Vector network analysis tool [1].

More generally: I regularly get these kinds of encoding errors in the wxGUI. And I guess some of them only show up once translators have translated the strings of a new module. Maybe we should try to define some general rules / a how-to about testing new GUI components for such potential encoding issues. We could also propose a toolkit in form of example strings to put into the code, or through the obligation to test with at least two .po files in languages with special characters.

What do the GUI developers think about this ?

Moritz

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2145