Hi Stefan,

>:
>
> Hi Matej,
> I was wondering, did you consider storing keyword lists, points of
contacts, and > so on in a central (SQLite) database (comparable to what
the t.*-modules do with > time series)? For organizations it would be
useful to have tools which produce
> consistent meta-data (same set of key-words used by all members of
staff…).

Current possibility how to produce consistent metadata (same set of key) is
by modifcation jinja template [1].  Values in jinja template are
represented by Python objects. You can just replace these objects by desire
values for creating pattern. What do you think?

> Furthermore, efficiency might be improved by having e.g. table with
contact
> pers ons within an organization (where all contact details are saved) one
can
> pick from in a combo-box.
>
> Such a DB should probably be accessible from all locations and mapsets…

It makes sense to me. This task should not be problem, but is more than
essential. Probably I'll do it after the GSOC term.

> BTW, is the metadata publishing functionality based on owslib + pycsw,
which
> you mention on your wiki-page, somehow related to GeoNetwork?
No, I dont know this project in detail...

Thank you for useful hints!
Cheers
Matej

[1]