I am trying to familiarize myself a bit with python scripting in GRASS. I am a bit confused about the different approaches that seem possible. More specifically, there is the pygrass (http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Python/pygrass) and grass python scripting library ( http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Python_Scripting_Library). Is there somewhere a concise description explaining the difference between the two. And for writing python scripts (addons), which of these two are a better option to use (for somebody fairly familiar with GRASS, with some experience in writing shell or R scripts for GRASS, but with no experience at all with python).

Cheers,

Paulo