In r.to.vect, this argument ONLY refers to the output vector feature. There are
not any different feature types for the 2D raster maps that are input to this
module. I assume that while the nature of the raster map affects the vector
feature type to some extent, this argument can force it to output a particular
feature type when there is the potential for multiple feature type output.

I suppose simply “feature type” is OK. But it is the output vector map that is
being referred to in any case and “input” feature type is misleading IMHO.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)