On 08/02/15 17:35, Martin Landa wrote:
Hi,

Are you sure it's caused by the splash screen loading change? Can you
confirm that the previous version is working? I don't have any problems.

yes, it seems to be somehow connected.

Before this change in wxgui.py:

i.edge: Unable to fetch interface description for command 'i.edge'.

Details: i.edge: error while loading shared libraries:
libgrass_gis.7.0.0svn.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

r.houghtransform: Unable to fetch interface description for command
'r.houghtransform'.

Details: r.houghtransform: error while loading shared libraries:
libgrass_vector.7.0.0svn.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

wx.metadata: Unable to fetch interface description for command 'wx.metadata'.

After:

i.edge: Unable to fetch interface description for command 'i.edge'.

Details: i.edge: error while loading shared libraries:
libgrass_gis.7.0.0svn.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

r.houghtransform: Unable to fetch interface description for command
'r.houghtransform'.

Details: r.houghtransform: error while loading shared libraries:
libgrass_vector.7.0.0svn.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

wx.metadata: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 15:
ordinal not in range(128)

I don't get the error message anymore, so the fix seems to have solved that.

I now see in the terminal:

r.modis: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 32: ordinal not in range(128)

However, I cannot launch r.modis.import or r.modis.download on the command line as I get:

ERREUR :Not able to find the modis library directory.

This is related to https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2097.

Moritz