On 22/06/15 15:40, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Moritz Lennert
<mlenn...@club.worldonline.be <mailto:mlenn...@club.worldonline.be>> wrote:

    Hi Matej,

    Thank you for the updates.

    I have one question concerning the metadata templates: do I
    understand correctly that by default, neither the basic, nor the
    inspire template contain a reference to the projection system ?

    IIUC, INSPIRE currently does not impose this, but I don't really
    understand how such basic information can be missing from the
    metadata. What help is the bounding box info, if we don't know in
    which CRS it is ?

I agree that it sounds strange, however the bounding box is given in
geographic (unprojected) coordinates, and the ISO 19115:2003, where the
GeographicBoundingBox comes from, reads (B.3.2.1): "geographic position
of the dataset NOTE This is only an approximate reference so specifying
the coordinate reference system is unnecessary "

Using g.gui.metadata on the hospitals map in nc_spm_08, I get:

      <gmd:extent>
                <gmd:EX_Extent>
                    <gmd:geographicElement>
                        <gmd:EX_GeographicBoundingBox>
                            <gmd:westBoundLongitude>
                                <gco:Decimal>308097.937400562</gco:Decimal>
                            </gmd:westBoundLongitude>
                            <gmd:eastBoundLongitude>
                                <gco:Decimal>20235.5644005626</gco:Decimal>
                            </gmd:eastBoundLongitude>
                            <gmd:southBoundLatitude>
                                <gco:Decimal>914347.8748615</gco:Decimal>
                            </gmd:southBoundLatitude>
                            <gmd:northBoundLatitude>
                                <gco:Decimal>156998.1718615</gco:Decimal>
                            </gmd:northBoundLatitude>
                        </gmd:EX_GeographicBoundingBox>
                    </gmd:geographicElement>
                </gmd:EX_Extent>
            </gmd:extent>

Looks like projected coordinates to me...

Moritz