Dear Devs,
what would be the best and least invasive way of receiving input from the grass GUI to use in python scripts. The following functionalities are on my mind:

- when double-clicking a line in the dbmgr, trigger a script/function using the line's content as input - when selecting a feature in the map display, trigger a script/function using the query results as input

I guess changing the effect of a dbmgr line double-click can only be changed by fiddling with the gui/wxpython/dbmgr module files. Receiving the select query results as input on the command line is in theory possible with the 'Redirect to console' option in the select pop-up, but how can I read the GUI console?

In case someone had similar intentions and has some clues, I would appreciate hearing about them.

Best regards,
Michel