Yes. The LAS tools are compiled for GDAL 1.10. They were a royal pain to
compile. The instructions to the newest LAStools source code makes it sound
like it is much easier now. Does anyone have any experience with the current
version? I was going to try it but wanted to make sure I had a GRASS version
out with at least a clunky working version before risking it.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Head, Graduate Faculty in Complex Adaptive Systems Science
Arizona State University

voice:  480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-965-8130/727-9746 (CSDC)
fax: 480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)