On 02-10-15 10:50, Moritz Lennert wrote:
On 01/10/15 12:38, Glynn Clements wrote:

Moritz Lennert wrote:

yylex.c:9:27: fatal error: v.mapcalc.tab.h: No such file or directory

    #include "v.mapcalc.tab.h"

                              ^

compilation terminated.

make: *** [OBJ.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/yylex.o] Error 1

ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

Glynn, can you help us on this ? We need to find the correct Makefile
for the v.mapcalc addon [1]

That header is generated by yacc (or byacc, bison, etc) via a pattern
rule in include/Make/Compile.make:

    %.output %.tab.h %.tab.c: %.y
        $(YACC) -b$* $(YFLAGS) $<

The problem with v.mapcalc is that it tries to compile yylex.c before
v.mapcalc.tab.h has been generated, which fails. It requires:

    -yylex.c: v.mapcalc.tab.h
    +$(OBJDIR)/yylex.o: v.mapcalc.tab.h

The header is a dependency of the object file; the source file doesn't
have dependencies (it's a source file, not generated).

Committed in r66392.

Thanks for the fix and the explanation ! It works for me now.

Sorry for the late follow up. The add-on installs now. When trying to run it, however, nothing happens. I don't know if it has anything to do with the error/warning message I got when installing (below)?

Fetching <v.mapcalc> from GRASS GIS Addons repository (be patient)...

Compiling...

yylex.c: In function ‘yylex’:

yylex.c:32:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘scanf’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]

  scanf("%lf", &yylval.dbl);

       ^

Installing...

Updating addons metadata file...

WARNING: No addons metadata available. Addons metadata file not updated.

Installation of <v.mapcalc> successfully finished

The 'no addons metadata available' is something I see more often, and is probably a problem at the server side if I understood well from other email treads.

Moritz