On 29-10-15 11:38, Markus Neteler wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Paulo van Breugel
I do not really understand the log info, but I guess the below is the
relevant part?

configure:6098:9: warning: ignoring return value of 'GDALOpen', declared
with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
  GDALOpen("foo", GA_ReadOnly);
          ^
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libgrass_vector.so, needed by
/usr/local/gdal/lib/libgdal.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/local/gdal/lib/libgdal.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/local/gdal/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to `Rast_map_type'
/usr/local/gdal/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`Rast_get_fp_color_rule'
/usr/local/gdal/lib/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`Vect_new_line_struct'
Did you compile GDAL with GRASS GIS support?

If yes:
This is not recommended - instead use the GDAL-GRASS plugin to
disentangle them properly.
Thanks Marcus for the feedback. Yes I did compile GDAL with GRASS support, mostly because using the GDAL-GRASS plugin has always been problematic, something I never have managed to solve, while compiling GDAL with GRASS GIS support always have worked without problem for me. But it has been a while I tried last, so I will try again, see if it works this time. Nevertheless, I am not sure I understand why compiling GRASS now suddenly doesn't work; as I mentioned, the only thing that has changed since the last time I compiled GRASS (about a week ago) is that I got a fresh download of the GRASS.

Markus