Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> What are the prospects, if any, for GRASS Python code to conform to
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0394 ?
>
> Not a huge issue to me personally. I'm just curious about GRASS team
> opinions on this matter. It might be worth considering. At least in the
> future, when more distros move to Python 3.

For now, this is best treated as a packaging issue, i.e. people making
binary packages for specific distributions should perform any fixup
required to make the package conform to the distribution's
requirements and conventions.

If this starts to become more common, then I'd suggest adding a
INSTALL_PYTHON variable to the build system which can be used
similarly to $(INSTALL) or $(INSTALL_DATA), which would replace the
shebang as part of the copying process.

--
Glynn Clements <gl...@gclements.plus.com>