On 19-08-16 09:56, Markus Neteler wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 7:07 PM, Veronica Andreo <veroand...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Markus,

Ohh, I would so very much like that -r flag in r.in.gdal
(https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2055)...

For the time being, what about:

r.external
r.mapcalc
g.remove

?
yeah, maybe...

or passing the xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax to gdal_translate with -projwin and
then r.in.gdal?
Like this (I just beautified the page):
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/manuals/g.region.html#using-g.region-in-a-shell-in-combination-with-gdal
A (very) minor point, I would suggest to avoid using very long complicated names for data layers in examples (like p016r035_7t20020524_z17_nn30.tif in names example). It makes it more difficult to read, and even scare new users ;-). But, nice example otherwise.

Dunno how efficient would that be for such a huge dataset, though... I'd
still prefer the -r in r.in.gdal ;)
me too :)

Markus