by creating an empty raster file, I could make the i.group and add the vector file

On 27/11/2016 17:28, Yann wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to georectify a shapefile, that is alone it a location.

The g.gui.gcp wizard 1st page asks for "Map type to georectify"

I select "Vector", then point to the Location and Mapset I just created with that vector.

The 2nd page asks to select a group to georectify, since I have a vector map only, I cannot create a group here, and there is no "skip this step" button. So should I generate a dummy raster to create a group and add the vector to it?

Or do I misunderstand the whole thing?

Thanks for any help,

Yann