Thanks Markus,

now I can see the missing link.

Ciao,

Yann

On 09/05/2017 08:45, Markus Metz wrote:
Hi Yann,

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Yann <dr.yann.che...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

Looking for some lore from i.ortho.photo days in GRASS 6 and before...

Within i.image.2target, i.ortho.transform requires a REF_POINTS (image E,
image N, photo X, photo Y) file as part of its RMS error computation,
before using a CONTROL_POINTS (photo X, photo Y, photo Z, control X,
control Y, control Z) file made by i.image.2target interactive GCP creation
module.
the i.photo.2image module, to my understanding is from (photo X, photo Y)
to (image X, image Y), i.e. we keep in the non-map units, we only find the
proper coordinates of the camera within the camera absolute dimensions
(i.e. mm or other). So I do not believe it is related to generating a
REF_POINTS file.

the i.photo.2image module does generate a REF_POINTS file. This is needed
to translate from sensor (mm) to image (xy, pixels) and back. The sensor is
e.g. the CCD in a DSLR, e.g. for Canon EOS-1Ds the sensor would be 35.8 mm
× 23.8 mm.

HTH,

Markus M