From: grass-dev <grass-dev-boun...@lists.osgeo.org> On Behalf Of Michel Wortmann
Sent: tirsdag 23. oktober 2018 11:20
To: grass-dev <grass-dev@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [GRASS-dev] Python script dependencies

Hi team,

I have some python modules developed in a toolbox and install them all using
g.extension with the SUBDIRS Makefile variable. I frequently feel like I need
to share code between those modules, i.e. I would like to create a utility
module that can be imported by all other modules in the toolbox. I managed to
install the module in the .grass7/addons/script directory, but the installation
of the other modules fails because they cant import the utilities yet.
Installing it like any other module seems to bring all sorts of problems
including the requirement to include the toolbox name that has dots in them
preventing a python import.

How would I best go about this?

Thanks a lot,
Michel

* Michel Wortmann
* Post-doc
* Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
* Telegrafenberg  A62,  14473 Potsdam, Germany
* Tel.:  0049 (0)331 288 2546
* E-mail: wortm...@pik-potsdam.de<mailto:wortm...@pik-potsdam.de>
* Internet:
www.pik-potsdam.de/members/wortmann<http://www.pik-potsdam.de/members/wortmann>