On 16/05/20 03:32, Vaclav Petras wrote:

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 1:04 PM Stefan Blumentrath <stefan.blumentr...@nina.no <mailto:stefan.blumentr...@nina.no>> wrote:

    Hi,

    Yes, I would also be very interested in some guidance on this!

Here are guidelines I wrote for commit messages for Subversion. A lot of it should still apply for both commits and PRs.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Submitting/General#Commitmessages

That is a useful general guide, but the recent discussion was concerning labelling commits specifically for making it easier to decide which ones should be part of release news. I don't know if these guidelines are enough for that, or whether we should decide on specific tags (either github tags or [XYZ] tags in the commit message. Maybe MarkusN can give us his opinion as he has the experience of extracting the info.

Moritz