I had earlier registered the #grass channel on libera.chat, and gave MarkusN 'founder' status. It's a good backup option. Also, as of yesterday there is a new webchat option for libera.chat (connect directly through your browser: https://web.libera.chat/ )

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/

On 2021-05-28 9:17 a.m., Veronica Andreo wrote:
Ciao Lu,

I was about to ask the same.

I do not use IRC so I cannot really tell what would be the best. QGIS is having the same discussion right now. matrix seems like a good option if we can use our osgeo credentials. In twitter, I have seen many open source projects are moving to https://libera.chat/ <https://libera.chat/>

my 2 cents
Vero