Hi people !

Recently, I had a pleasure to join GRASS Community Meeting in Prague and had a presentation about Nix [1] and potential benefits it can bring to a GRASS community. It was quite well received and now it is a real thing [2] (+ few more PRs).

# What Nix can do for you ?

1. Create a full development environment by running single `nix develop` command

2. Run GRASS directly from a Git source code (from any branch, tag or checkout which contains nix files added in #3889)

3. A lot more

# How to use it ?

Please check out PR #3889 [1] description for the instructions. It is just about installing Nix and then you can start running some magic commands.

I am still struggling how to integrate this information to a GRASS Wiki.

# My Nix presentation

Markdown version of my GRASS Community meeting presentation containing some more very interesting examples can be found here [3].

Have a nice day !

1 - https://nix.dev/
2 - https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/3889
3 - https://github.com/imincik/nix-presentations/blob/master/grass-community-meeting-2024/presentation.md