Dear members of the GRASS GIS community,

Corey White has accepted a nomination made by Vaclav Petras.

===================================

I am nominating Corey White (@cwhite911) as a candidate for the PSC.
Earlier this year, Corey led our NC State GRASS team in the NSF I-Corps
startup-like program to understand the GRASS user base and develop
strategies for sustaining the project. While still ongoing, this has so
far resulted in over 70 interviews with users and non-users, evaluation
of funding strategies, and several other efforts discussed with the
current PSC. Corey's PRs have been merged into the grass, grass-addons
and grass-websites repositories, and he has other repositories under
OpenPlainsInc, demonstrating his wide range of skills. Corey also
mentored Kriti Birda on her JSON project at this year's GSoC.

Beyond his work on GitHub and interviews, community members may know
Corey from the last two GRASS GIS community meetings in Prague, FOSS4G
Firenze, two FOSS4G North America, and AGU, where he actively
represented the GRASS GIS project in various capacities. Corey works on
GRASS related projects at North Carolina State University and is the
founder and CEO of OpenPlains Inc. Corey is a rising star in our
community, bringing fresh perspectives and valuable contributions.

--
HernĂ¡n De Angelis

Chief Return Officer (CRO)
GRASS GIS election 2024