Dear members of the GRASS GIS community,

Linda Karlovska has accepted a nomination made by Markus Neteler.

===================================

I am honored to nominate Linda Karlovska (formerly Kladivova) for
election to the GRASS GIS Project Steering Committee (PSC). Linda is a
major contributor to the GRASS GIS project and is currently pursuing
her Ph.D. at the Czech Technical University in Prague. Her academic
background and commitment to open source geospatial technology make
her an excellent candidate.
Linda's involvement with the GRASS GIS project began during the Google
Summer of Code, which marked the beginning of her deep involvement
with the project. One of her most notable contributions has been the
redesign of the graphical user interface (GUI) for GRASS GIS,
particularly the startup workflow. Linda has been instrumental in
improving the user experience and making the software more accessible,
especially to first-time users. Her dedication to improving the user
experience was highlighted in her presentation at FOSS4G 2021 entitled
"I hated the way GRASS started so I changed it", which resonated with
the community. So she worked on the new GUI startup for GRASS GIS 8,
addressing usability issues that had long been a challenge. In 2024,
she was awarded a GRASS GIS Student Grant, further recognizing her
contributions and continued involvement.
Linda's technical skills, creativity, and commitment to improving
GRASS GIS make her an excellent candidate for the PSC.

--
HernĂ¡n De Angelis

Chief Return Officer (CRO)
GRASS GIS election 2024