I think the key to access FileMaker DBs from GRASS is that the FileMaker ODBC connector is for OSX's iODBC, not UnixODBC.

GRASS 6.2 does not have a configure option to build with iODBC, tho it can be hacked.

GRASS 6.3 does have an iODBC configure option. It's the same --with- odbc-* options, it just tries iodbc if it can't find unixodbc.

On Dec 6, 2007, at 9:25 AM, Nick Cahill wrote:

There was a discussion some time ago about the possibility of using Filemaker databases with GRASS. The newest version of Filemaker (9) makes a big deal of how it can work with sql databases. See

----- Original Message -----
From: Kurt Springs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2007 11:33 pm
Subject: [GRASS-user] Database for GRASS
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi folks,

I have some questions as to which databases people are using with
grass.  I currently use Filemaker for as a database, but could never

get it to link to GRASS.  I was wondering if this problem has been
resolved.  Otherwise, I am considering which database software would

provide easy of use and still get the data I need ported to my GRASS

GISs.  I contemplating Postgresql but it isn't all that intuitive.
How are MySQL and SQLite Browser?

Kurt

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy