On 31/01/08 23:34, Matt wrote:

From: *Matt* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Jan 28, 2008 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Page 37 "Open Source GIS" by Neteler & Mitasova
To: Markus Neteler <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>

Thanks for the quick reply. When I make the entries you suggest I get the following in an Application Error box: /usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator: to set an icon, please use -name <profile> and set a profile icon /usr/bin/x-terminal-emulator: to set an icon, please use -name <profile> and set a profile icon
    while executing
"exec -- $env(GISBASE)/etc/grass-xterm-wrapper -T g.proj -n g.proj -e

This is probably an issue with gnome-terminal which does not take the same command line arguments as xterm. Try setting GRASS_XTERM to xterm.

This does raise an issue about which command line arguments we can use for grass-xterm-wrapper. Is there a general standard ?

Moritz

Moritz