Hi Nikos,

if you mean historical really historical - there's a database of historical climate sources (www.hisklid.de). Because its records are starting somewhen in the middle age there are no instrument data available. Would be a nice project to "georeference" the spatial terminology used to make it somehow GISable.

Marco

Markus Neteler schrieb:
Nikos,

you may check
European Climate Assessment & Dataset (ECA&D)
http://eca.knmi.nl/
for daily historical climate data of Europe.

Myself, I am working on reconstructing time series from MODIS LST
data... coming soon :) I am doing that on a cluster since it still needs
heavy computational resources.

Markus

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Nikos Alexandris