Hy,
I'm afraid but I can't help you. But you can try r.soil.texture for your area:
1. import in grass soils sample point with sand and clay atttributes;
2. interpolate sand a nd clay surface with one algorithm available in grass (or with R interface for geostatistica analisys) 3. run r.soils.texture with your favorite scheme (USDA,ISSS,FAO) , sand and clay grid and get your texture map;

I hope it's useful.
P.S. If your next san will named Gianluca we can make a vitualy drink!
gianluca

Milton Cezar Ribeiro ha scritto:
Dear GianLuca

First of all, it is very curious, but I wife and me choose two possible names for your (born) san. One was Gian Luca, and the other was Camillo Cornetta (my wife's decendence is from Rovigo, Italy). But the choosed name was Camillo. May be the next will be Gian Luca!

Back to the work, do you know where can I find a soil texture map for Brazil ? I am looking for this kind of data for species distributio modelling. Case you can help me, I will be very grateful.

Ciao,

miltinho astronauta
brazil