Hi list,
I've tried to create bounding boxes for all layers of a given location with an extern python script. This script parses the output from "v.info -g <layer>" resp. "r.info -g <layer>".

But I noticed, that in a location with a geographic crs, the region outputs (esp. the unit formats) of vector and raster layers differs from each other. v.info prints the region in decimal degrees (DD) whereas r.info produces an output in degrees,minutes,seconds (DMS).

For example (nc_ll location from www.grassbooks.org; EPSG:4001):

 > v.info -g precip_30ynormals
 north=36.49917
 south=33.99472
 east=-75.62194
 west=-84.02389
 top=1615.440000
 bottom=2.438400

 > r.info -g elev_ned_03arcsec
 north=35:54:40.666666N
 south=35:35:17.334885N
 east=78:27:08.335106W
 west=78:49:17.333333W

Is there any reason for the different outputs or is this a bug?

For parsing both ouputs with external tools, it would be better if the formats were equal.

Regards,
Sebastian H.