Since the comma is used to format decimal numbers in several
countries, I still think a flag to interpret it that way should
be added to all modules affected by this.

I can think of:

v.in.ascii,
r.in.xyz,
r.in.ascii

Any others?

Ben

Adam Dershowitz wrote:
Translate (tr) is very fast.
If you do:
tr ',' '.' < input_file.txt > out_file.txt
it should do the job pretty quickly.

--Adam