Dear all,

The following happens when trying to create a new location on GRASS running on a cluster.

1. I access to the server and when I try to create a location with lat long, GRASS never asks me about the datum and ellipsoid as it normally does in my station GRASS.

2. After creating the location it says "But the PROJECTION information files were not created! You must run g.setproj successfully before projection software will work".

3. When I press crtl-C to exit the location creation menu, it says that I exited abnormally. Howeverm this is exactly what I do successfully in my station version.

4. I never have the chance to run g.setproj because when I try to access my location, GRASS does not launch and returns an error: "Error setting region (Problem with g.region?): child process exited abnormally)"

5. A way of dealing with this is to start GRASS directly on a dummy location, like spearfish60. Then changing the location with g.proj -c. The problem is that, again, GRASS replies:

GRASS 6.3.0 > g.proj -c epsg=4326 location=LatLong
g.proj: error while loading shared libraries: libproj.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

6. At this point I have no clue. Thanks for your help!
Jose Miguel