I'm using 6.3 on Ubuntu with QGIS.
If I create a new location, under PERMANENT, does that coordinate system that I specify for PERMANENT the default coord sys for a new mapset I create under that location? I have different raster and vector maps I want to use and they are all different coord systems. Can I have a different coord system for each mapset?

For the DATABASE parameter, is GRASS smart enough to add on the LOCATION directory. IS the DATABASE always the same, even if I create different LOCATIONS?

So should I create the PERMANENT coord system with what I want to use( which is wgs84 UTM). So I can use QGIS and its "on the fly" option.

I tried to do this with the text based interface, but kept getting weird stuff, like ESC+ENTER didn't always work.