Dear grass users:

I am a beginner of grass. I wish to express my gratitude for past advices.

I am researching relation between animal's distribution and the altitude.

Animal's distribution is composed of the point vector data. In a word, this is
location information.

The altitude data was converted from DEM into the raster data.

The rastere data was divided into ten categories by using reclass function.

I want to summarize the frequency distribution of the animal above altitude
level.

However, I do not know the analysis of grass command.

I'll try to itersect with the point vector data and mesh polygon converted form
raster data.

Will this method be appropriate ?

Best regards

Yasuo shimada