On Jan 21, 2009, at 7:27 AM, <grass-user-requ...@lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 12:21:57 +0100
From: Vincent Bain <b...@toraval.fr>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] interactive multiple selection
To: GRASS user list <grass-user@lists.osgeo.org>

Thank you Markus,

I tried several methods like d.extract, or
d.where | v.what map=zonpi > test and extracting cat values from the
test file. Now I am wondering if it is worth (let's better say realistic
given my skills) to try and write a custom module, inspired from
v.digatt.

As I already had a little experience in perl and wxwidget (frontend for
data capture in postgres database) I would appreciate later on to
involve in writing a python add-on, but like everyone, my principal
ennemy is the lack of time !

Beside data storing, treatment, analysis, I think it would be great to
improve data *production* tools, and it's what I would like to
contribute.

Vincent.

Vincent,

Very much related to this, please see my suggestions for updates to the GRASS query functions. Most should be relatively minor changes, but would make querying much easier. And it would make it easier to implement GUI wrappers for interactive querying.

<http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_6.3_Feature_Plan> "Updates to vector querying "

Thanks much for your interest.

Michael