On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 14:26 +0100, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 13:18 +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Hamish <hamis...@yahoo.com> wrote:

it will be really good to finally have all this documented.

I find it hard to follow these long mails. Why not enjoying the
GRASS Wiki to stabilize the documentation and comparisons?

Markus

Yes, why not? Hmmm, you mean to put these stuff already in the Wiki
before we are sure about the one last and very important variable
(=eigenvalues reported by  i.pca)?

Kind regards, Nikos

I've started the PCA grass-wiki page. I am trying to build it... step by
step. Expert advice is always welcome and highly appreciated.

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Principal_Component_Analysis

Good, thanks. There you say that you are using "some MODIS surface reflectance products". I guess it will be easier to check things if the data (GRASS location) are available, so that others can try the same calculations. Would it be possible to make one or more test sets available, and link them from thw Wiki?

Roger

Kind regards, Nikos

Roger Bivand
e-mail: roger.biv...@nhh.no