Patrice Dumas wrote:
Right now I am stuck at the first projection since it triggered an assertion...

That assertion, your ticket #818, does not happen in grass7, but in grass6.x. I think this not the solution, however, the imported vector is corrupt. I'm not an expert on projections, but projecting the whole globe into some laea could cause all sorts of problems. Instead, you could create a vector in your laea location with v.in.region first, covering the extends of your area of interest. Reproject this vector to your ll location, set the region to match this reprojected vector and align with the desired resolution. Then run the commands to generate a raster and to convert it to a vector, and reproject that vector again to the laea location.

BTW, please add output of g.proj -j to ticket #818.

Markus M