Since creating training areas is not such an intensive digitizing operation as full-scale vector creation, perhaps v.edit could be used in a wxPython replacement for i.class. An advantage of v.edit is that it works cross-platform now.

Michael

On Dec 3, 2009, at 8:06 AM, grass-user-requ...@lists.osgeo.org wrote:

Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:33:27 +0000
From: Luis Lisboa <luislisboa1...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [GRASS-user] Supervised classification without i.class
To: Martin Landa <landa.mar...@gmail.com>
Cc: grass-user@lists.osgeo.org, grass-wind...@lists.osgeo.org

Hello Martin thanks for your reply.

I am afraid not -- only non-interactive approach. Digitize areas, rasterize
vector areas and >use i.gensig.
Ok. But If I try to have Linux or Mac OS machine, I could use i.class right?

About your links, ehehehe unfortunely Czech is not in my language domain (English, Spanish, French, Catalan). But I will try to get some ideas :)
Thanks

Import data to native format using v.out.ogr or link data using
v.external (some problems can occur). The OGR interface is being
improved in GRASS 7.
Uhm I'm planning to use 6.4 (it has binaries). has anyone tried with success
this operation?

Thanks

Best regards
Luis Lisboa