Rich Shepard wrote:

>    One of my raster maps represents the planar curve as generated by the
> tcurv parameter of r.resamp.rst. I was looking at it in the wxpython GUI and
> exploring different color tables. I ended up with a solid green and have no
> idea of the name of the default color table.
>
>    What would be an appropriate (standard?) color table for these curves?

The "curvature" table has a similar structure, but the colours aren't
quite the same.

The curvature table is:

        0% black
        -0.01 blue
        -0.001 aqua
        -0.0001 cyan
        0 white
        0.0001 yellow
        0.001 orange
        0.01 red
        100% magenta

The rst/interp_float library generates the curvature colour table
programmatically, but the result is equivalent to:

        0% purple
        -0.01 blue
        -0.001 indigo
        -0.00001 cyan
        0 200:255:200
        0.00001 yellow
        0.001 orange
        0.01 red
        100% 255:0:200

[The 100% case is close to magenta = 255:0:255]

--
Glynn Clements <gl...@gclements.plus.com>