On 03/15/2010 03:42 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
The rule is that you can have only one projection in a location.
If you have several projections you need several locations and
to reproject data between them (r.proj, v.proj).

GRASS can generate locations directly from metadata.

So far, I've failed to convince GRASS to do anything directly.

Trying the auto route:

grass64 -gui
select define new location with georeferenced file
select the dem file: k42.dem
select the TN transformation, as probably better than the default for adjacent Kentucky
enter GRASS with the newly created location and the PERMANENT mapset

Results in this error:

"g.proj or projection error: ERROR: default region is invalid
    line 3: <north: 1080:43:46N>"

So GRASS has automatically set up the location using degrees, and then get confused when the raster co-ordinates are provided in meters. Which appears to be fairly close to the sort of problem I ran into when setting this up manually. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tyler

Cheers
Markus