Hi list,

recently I played around with the network functionality in ArcGIS. I generated
so called "Service Areas" in a network dataset which return the regions that
can be accessed in a network dataset based on several distances (in my example
150, 400 meters).

I wanted to reproduce the results with GRASS GIS and after a short search I
found the module v.net.iso which seemed to fit my needs. It returns exactly the
same results as ArcGIS did on isolines on a network, but I can't find any
solution concerning the service areas.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to calculate zones (that is "build
polygons from the end points of each network segment") from these generated
isolines in a network?

Regards,

Johannes