Hi Thomas and GRASS-people
THanks for your scripts Thomas
I have one question regarding Hamish's link.
/There is a cell-registration bug in GDAL: (grid vs cell-center convention) cells are all offset to the east and south by half a cell. You can fix this by hand with the r.region <http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.region.html> module.

/Is this still happening, this error?/
/

Thomas Adams wrote:
António

I have does this; I think it's helpful to first extract the fields you need and group them together, otherwise you will probably end up with a lot of unwanted fields being imported. I have written a Perl script to do this if you want it. I'm sure you would need to edit it to meet your needs.

Regards,
Tom

Hamish wrote:
António wrote:
I'm planning on using some global meteo datasets that are
distributed in GRIB format. has anyone ever tried to parse
GRIB NCEP files to GRASS?

maybe this helps-

http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRIB

Hamish