If you're using my GRASS build, I bundle a newer copy of wxPython than is
available in the system.  Somehow this is getting confused, and it's trying to
load wxPython from the system while still using the bundle wx libraries, which
are incompatible.

Does the wxpython GUI run in GRASS? (I'm guessing no)

Are you doing something with the PYTHONPATH after starting GRASS?  Or are you
adding to PYTHONPATH in your shell init (.bash_profile, ...)?

On Jul 16, 2010, at 7:39 AM, Matthias Oswald wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'writing a python-script with a wx-gui (not in grass style) including some
> grass-commands.
> Therefore I want to import the wx library by using:
>

> import wx
>

> Running this line in a normal terminal is working fine. But running it in the
> grass terminal causes an error:
>

>   File
> "/BinaryCache/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-11~57/Root/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/__init__.py",
>  line 45, in <module>
>   File
> "/BinaryCache/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-11~57/Root/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/_core.py",
>  line 4, in <module>
> ImportError:
> dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx/_core_.so,
>  2): Symbol not found: __ZN15wxPoint2DDouble14SetVectorAngleEe
>   Referenced from:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/wx/_core_.so
>   Expected in:
> /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libwx_macud-2.8.0.dylib
>

> I'm working on Mac OS x with GRASS 6.4.0 RC5
>
> Any ideas to solve this problem?
>

> Tolle Neuerungen bei Hotmail - jetzt kennenlernen

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying, fighting, and
all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not deign to possess - money
to purchase the effeminate pleasures of weaklings.  And yet withal bound down
by silly customs that make them slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the
belief that they be the lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of
existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan