I have what I thought was going to be an easy problem, but it is of course more complicated than I'd expected.

I need to query a GPS that is attached to my computer (by USB or Bluetooth) for my current location and then query a road network database to find the road segments within some arbitrary distance. Does GRASS support that kind of operation? Can anyone get me started on how to do it?

Thanks! It has been a while since I've done anything with GRASS and I'm having to re-learn much of what I used to know.