On Oct 14, 2010, at 2:51 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> ... Oh!  You say you used 6.4.0 before - was this my package?

Indeed

>  When you install 6.4.1 from source, it's installing on top of my 6.4.0.

And quite a mess I made ; -(

>  And probably leaving the bundled wx libraries already there, but removing
> the bundled wxpython, so when it tried to use the system wxpython it found
> the leftover bundled wx libraries.
>
> Try deleting the old GRASS application before installing your GRASS compiled
> from source.

Actually, I've had to download and reinstall your binaries just to get a
working version going again - so I'm not inclined to risk losing my production
setup.  Can I give the current 6.4.0 a different name or does it have to be
completely gone?  I may well put this project on hold for a while.

BTW, thank you for maintaining such a fine repository of reliable binaries